John,

No such settings, and I was hoping that this was the case.  Therefore,
I continue to wonder why the irregular behavior.  I have been using
this address as a semi-permanent email address, however, will
probably NOT renew my .Mac account when the time comes as I am
not experiencing the reliability I need.

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 11:27 AM, John Haumann wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 06:56 AM, Bob wrote:
>
>> My .Mac account had roughly 30-40 email messages in the inbox (albeit,
>> in a read state).  Roughly, around Nov. 1st/2nd I now only have (2) in
>> the inbox and did NOT delete any of the previous messages.  Anyone
>> else
>> experience this kind of "inappropriate" behavior?  Anyone know how I
>> can make an inquiry at Apple into this unwanted behavior?  Surfed
>> Apple's site for about 15 minutes yesterday with NO luck in finding a
>> kvetch outlet.
>
> Check your mail app settings to see if it's set to delete read mail
> from the server after 7 or 14 days before you kvetch too loudly.
>
> John at Wood-n-Shavings, Inc.
> San Antonio, Texas
>

> --
>
>  Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished
> Drives |
>  -- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks  |  & CDRWs on Sale!
>
>       Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>

>   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
> Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
> For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>
> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

>> The Think Different Store
> http://www.ThinkDifferentStore.com

-Bob-

Bob Angell
1238 Fenway Avenue, SLC, UT 84102-3212
v: 801.583.8544; cell/page: 801.381.5477
email/page <140 char: mailto:8013815477@;page.nextel.com;
email: mailto:angellr@;mac.com
"Had Momma Cass & Karen Carpenter shared that ham sandwich, they might
be with us today!"