Paul Nicholson wrote:

> I had a 128MB module in my WallStreet and started getting memory errors. To
>troubleshoot the problem, I took the 256MB single height SODIMM out of my tiBook, and
>put it in the top slot of the Wallstreet, it recognized only 128MB of it. The
>Wallstreet uses a double height SODIMM, which appears to be organized as two separate
>banks of memory. From my experiment, I concluded that the Wallstreet can only
>recognize 128MB per bank.
>
> If that is not the case then, why did the Wallstreet only recognize 128MB of a 256MB
>single bank, single height SODIMM?

I think it's because Wallstreets cannot recognize high-density RAM used in Tibooks.
The largest low-density RAM chips are 256MB (in two banks on one chip), and that I
believe, is the largest size on one chip that Wallstreets will recognize (I'm still
waiting for Laurent to correct me on this).
Because of this, you can only max out the RAM at 512MB on a Wallstreet.

Heok Hee

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>