the reason the Wllst only recognizes 1/2 the RAM is that it's setup for only
PC66 RAM, and you've likely got either PC100 or PC133 chips.

You need PC66 RAm for it, or you will very likely experience crashes and
instability.

THis is not ALWAYS the case--soome later revision Wallstreets had multiple
clock ability on the RAM buss, and would talk to PC100. However, having
worked on hundreds of Wallstreets, I still cannot ascertain a method or
logical sequence of which ones definitely WILL or WILL NOT do PC100.. So my
recommendation is to  buy PC66 chips to make sure your machine will be stable.

Thanks,
David

      http://www.ibookparts.com
      http://www.wegenermedia.com

>I had a 128MB module in my WallStreet and started getting memory errors. To
troubleshoot
>the problem, I took the 256MB single height SODIMM out of my tiBook, and put
it
>in the top slot of the Wallstreet, it recognized only 128MB of it. The
Wallstreet

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>