> From: Kent Wieland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Has anyone had success using any of the Airport-alternatives, such as
> D-link, etc...?  I'm interested in setting up a wireless network for my Imac
> and Wallstreet from my cable modem.  Ideally, I'd like to get a combination
> access-point and router to connect the Imac directly via ethernet and the
> Wallstreet by PC Card.
> Could anyone recommend brands/models for both the access-point/router and PC
> card?  BTW, I'm using OS 9.1 in both computers.
> Kent (digest mode)

Kent, I am using a Linksys Wireless router. I have a Lombard with a
MacWireless pc card, an Ibook with an Airport card, an Imac with a
Macwireless.com usb wireless adapter and a hardwired Mac 6116 and Starmax.
Microcenter is having a sale on the Linksys so others probably do as well.
No problems so far. The Linksys router is about the onl Mac they support.
Don't get their car or anything else that requires drivers.

Hope this helps,
--
Mike Amato