Do a search for a freeware utility called File Fire, which Greg Koenig
(the author) claims will delete files to the same standard as Norton
Government Wipe (whatever that is.) The standard Norton package (my v5.0
anyway) also includes a file-and-disk wiping util, "Wipe Info". Anyone
have any info on its efficacy? I reckon using either of those (or both),
along with a few passes of zeros from Drive Setup, would ensure no-one
will see any sensitive data.

As someone previously mentioned, the only sure way to absolutely protect
data is to physically destroy the media itself. I really don't think
there's much chance of anyone peeking past a well-zeroed drive to find
secrets. I gotta agree with Kyle - 'tis a tad paranoid to imagine anyone
spending the large sum of money required to extract overwritten data from
a random RMAed drive. And if someone _cares_ that much, then perhaps
someone shouldn't be sending the drive back at all.

hth,

Dan K

PS: If you hold down the alt key when you drop  a file onto FF, . . .
ooops! now I've done it!

<G> !!