On 11/22/02 9:12 PM, "Geoffrey Loeffler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:
>> They are licensed and bonded.  None of your data will be shared, and
>> if you feel so strongly about it then you better not go to an ATM in public,
>> or use a VISA card a a store, or appear on a security camera, or (heaven
>> forbid) get fingerprinted for a job.  That's all I am saying.
>
> That is just a ridiculous comment, my visa card does not contain all
> the info that is on my or other users hard drives. I understand you may
> not think this is important but who gave you the right to rip a valid
> question with  your "paranoid" tone and keep flaming me on list over
> and over. If you do not like the thread well just shut up, delete it,
> go away, who are you to call people names, because Lord Kyle speaks it
> is right..

I am not saying that this thread, or your concern, is invalid... or even
that your question is invalid.  What I am saying is that you are not EVER
guaranteed safety of data without destroying the drive...basically.

> There is software available for the very thing I wanted., Imagine
> that, other people want this and it even comes in OS 9 and X. I am very
> thankful for the people who lead me to the information I needed,

That is absolute and total cr*p.  There is no software that will do anything
more than what Drive Setup does.  You are buying what a listmember tells you
as the complete truth and you are wrong in doing so.

If you use any of the following software you are doing nothing more than a
drive wipe:

Shredit
Burn
Safe Data Tech
SafeShred
AbsoluteTrash
FlameFile
Securedelete
SecurityDelete

They do NOTHING!!!!

> happens, lunatics like you who flame people because YOU think the
> question is not worthy. That is what's sad you keep people away. I
> guess Aladidin Software is also "paranoid" for developing this. Why not
> write them and let them know your views on protecting confidential
> data..

Why are you calling me a "lunatic?"  I mentioned that I thought that your
actions were a bit "paranoid" but I never called you a name.  My views on
protecting personal data are very severe.  They are founded in experience
and tested.  Yours are not. I can tell by your lack of listening.  I am
telling you that you will not truly be able to secure the data on the drive
that you send in with a simple format or utility.  You refuse to listen and
take the advice of a person who deals with these issues on a daily basis.
Who's the "lunatic?'  Didn't you ask thislist for advice??

> So I guess because you are allowed to post strong personal opinions I
> will assume I will be granted the same privilege with out retribution,
> ya right.

All future correspondence should be made offlist, but if you think that I
will ban you for having a heated discussion with me you are very wrong.

> This  is offensive to me and the only way you get away with it is, well
> you know that one.  Your being rude and all this "strong opinion" does
> is again keep people away from the list community, afraid they may ask
> a " paranoid " question and have a unmanaged zealot like you attack
> them personally, as you are doing here.

Several list members have e-mailed me thanking me for my opinion on this
thread.  No one has e-mailed me with a complaint.  You have to realize that
printed words can be interpreted in many different ways.

> Good Gosh son you are really crude and rude.

Do not call me "son."  Who do you think you are?  I am a 34 year old married
man.  I served my country (m.o.s. 13F U.S. Army Airborne Assault D-BTRY
320th F.A. 82nd Airborne) in Panama and Desert Storm and I don't think you
are any more *man* than me.  Only my father can call me "son."

>First I have donated money
> LEM too try and help Dan keep these lists going so I guess that buys me
> a little of YOUR bandwidth,

You think *I* haven't donated money to LEM???  Wrong again.

>as you seem to think you own and speak for
> the people on the list,

I do not think that.  You seem to think that I think that, but that does not
make it a reality.

>but seeing that it is turning in to Kyles
> Little Kingdom spewing forth insults that would get a lowly poster
> kicked  off the list, that's the last of donations, and I was just
> getting ready to post my yearly lets all support LEM message, as all
> users should.

Great.  Try to use the threat of a "non-donation" to LEM as leverage in a
simple discussion.  You need help.  I make good money.  I'll cover your
donation.  Don't worry about it.

> This is the 1st order with
> trans. I will be sure to forward your comments Kyle right to Damian at
> trans and relate the treatment a customer gets from these lists if they
> bother to buy from trans and have a problem. I am sure your comments
> will do wonders for their sales. Heck you will be their poster child

I have no interest intheir sales, and I never did.

> I will get the next 3 if trans sends me directly to IBM. Ahhh now you
> get it lad..

Again with the condescending remarks.  Do not call "lad" gramps.

> A good business always takes care of problems, as they should, you
> obviously have never been in a successful business.

Or so you *assume* again.  You have no Idea.

> knowledge that you do have to share and that I have enjoyed, over the
> years. Stick to computers because you are really bad at customer
> relations and at list management you are insulating, divisive and
> crude. I can see why others have been offended by you.

This is so funny.  You crack me up.  All I do all day is deal with
customers. I have a huge client base.  I treat everyone I know and meet with
respect.  You do not.

I am a team player and you are bad for the team.

Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert
Macintosh Server Administrator