I'm sure you're all aware of the campaign by Rick Bauer to destroy Low
End Mac by telling our advertisers what a terrible site we are for
allowing our writers to share some opinions Mr. Bauer disagreed with.

<http://www.lowendmac.com/musings/02/1030.html>

The fruits of his campaign: Other World Computing and Crucial Memory were
among many sites receiving emails from Mr. Bauer, Russ Arcuri, and
possibly others. Both sites contacted us, learned that we were moving
such content elsewhere, and continue to support Low End Mac with ads
and/or affiliate fees.

Mac Zone, Mac Mall, and Verizon DSL have removed us from their affiliate
programs without ever contacting us (or if they did, their emails either
didn't survive our spam filtering or were not sent as plain text email).
I removed all links to Mac Zone about a week ago and all links to Mac
Mall tonight.

I don't have details of our dealings with Mac Zone, but my records show
that over the past year we have generated 16,000 visits, 100 purchases,
and nearly $60,000 in sales volume. I am disappointed that they would
give this up without saying a thing to us.

I recommend that if you value Low End Mac, you take your business to
dealers who support our site -- OWC, Crucial Memory, Small Dog
Electronics, PowerMax, Club Mac, and MacResQ among them -- and not
support businesses such as Mac Mall, Mac Zone, and Verizon DSL that have
pulled their support from Low End Mac.

If you do choose to boycott any of these businesses, you might want to
tell them why. What goes around comes around.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

Life is too short to use anything but a Mac. -- Roger Ebert