>Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:11:43 -0500
>Subject: Wallstreet vs Canon PowerShot  camera Help
>From: Norm Kamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>What I think they are saying is I cannot use my PDQ with their camera, since
>it does not have a built-in USB interface.  I do have a USB PC card
>installed and it works with anything that I tried.
>
>Any input would be appreciated.
>Norm Kamp

Norm
I use my MacAlly USB card to connect to my Olympus D-100 and it works
fine.

I would caution against putting a "Smart" media card into the PC card
slot.
Unlike compact flash cards "smart" media cards don't have any on-board
electronics and can be corrupted by being read in a MAC card slot.

As a result I use the USB connection so the camera's electronics will do
the translation.
If your camera has a compact flash card you should have no problem.
--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan