At 1:58 PM -0700 12/13/2002, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>Clark Martin wrote:
>>  At 1:05 PM -0600 12/13/2002, Andrew wrote:
>>
>>>I would caution against putting a "Smart" media card into the PC card
>>>slot.
>>>Unlike compact flash cards "smart" media cards don't have any on-board
>>>electronics and can be corrupted by being read in a MAC card slot.
>>

>>  I've had no problem reading SmartMedia cards in a PC Card adapter.
>>  To what do you refer?
>
>I suspect it may be a camera specific thing. If I read the CF from my
>camera on my Mac it actually puts the invisible Desktop files on the card.
>
>The pictures are stored in a folder (on mine) called PHOTO650 (I have an
>Epson PhotoPC 650) but if they're just stored as loose shots at the root
>of the card, these invisible files might give the camera fits.

Putting the invisible files on the disk is a function of PC Exchange
/ File Exchange, not the type of flash memory.  I haven't seen a
camera yet that puts it's pictures in the root folder.  Even if it
did, other files being there shouldn't bother it.

In any event, the Mac isn't "corrupting" anything".
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA