Clark Martin wrote:
> At 1:05 PM -0600 12/13/2002, Andrew wrote:
>
>>I would caution against putting a "Smart" media card into the PC card
>>slot.
>>Unlike compact flash cards "smart" media cards don't have any on-board
>>electronics and can be corrupted by being read in a MAC card slot.
>

> I've had no problem reading SmartMedia cards in a PC Card adapter.
> To what do you refer?

I suspect it may be a camera specific thing. If I read the CF from my
camera on my Mac it actually puts the invisible Desktop files on the card.

The pictures are stored in a folder (on mine) called PHOTO650 (I have an
Epson PhotoPC 650) but if they're just stored as loose shots at the root
of the card, these invisible files might give the camera fits.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona