I recently came into a Sonnet Crescendo G3 upgrade card for PowerBook
1400. Very nice and fast, but there was one problem: I couldn't
install my Apple PB 1400 Video Out card over it. A chip on the bottom
of the video card (#U4?) contacts a little lidded coil (#L1) on the
Sonnet card, causing the video card to bend so it's not properly in
place. (I also have a Newer PB 1400 G3 UG, which fits with the video
card, but is not as fast as the Sonnet UG.) I contacted Sonnet about
it, and sent it to them, and they (very nicely) sent me back a new
one which, from the paperwork with it, they checked to make sure it
fit with the video card. Only it still doesn't fit with my video card.

Has anyone run into this problem? The Apple video card works fine
itself; the only part # I can find on it is DAPC5IB16C3 / Rev.3C. Was
there more than one version of the Apple video card?

Thanks,
Andrew Main