[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just "switched"...so far my new PowerBook G4 has been great, but OS 9.2 froze
> today when I was trying to download a bunch of stuff and start up Pro Tools at
> the same time.  I force-quit and restarted, but upon restart, I got the
> flashing "?" that apparently means my system folder can't be found.  So far
> I've tried resetting the PRAM, and running Disk First Aid from the X install
> CD.  No luck...I still get the flashing question mark.  What should I try now?
>
> Please help a newbie!

I've had similar problems with 9.2 on a coulple of systems.

Boot from your OS 9 CD.

Open the *OS 9* system folder on your powerbook. Drag the System
suitcase to the desktop. Close the system folder. It should look like a
normal folder now. Drag the System suitcase back into the System folder.
It should take on the System Folder icon again.

Reboot the Powerbook and you should be OK.

If not, something got mangled in the freeze, and a re-installation is in
order.

Simple enough, just run the installer on your OS9 CD.

Just out of curiosity, if you've got a new Powerbook, why not run OSX?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona