On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 03:45 PM, Eric D. wrote:

> on 27/2/03 6:05 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Exactly. This topic was recently discussed on another list and many of
>> us sadly miss the Password Security (or whatever it was called)
>> Control
>> Panel utility that was lost and never regained after 9.0.4 when
>
> From what I understand that's a Pismo-only thing. My girlfriend's
> Lombard
> 9.2.2 can be set to request a password on boot (never experimented from
> sleep though).

No, no, no. I respectfully beg to differ. For one thing, my old machine
was a Lombard and there was an issue specifically related to Password
Security (I may be getting the name wrong- I've been out of the Classic
loop for tto long) CDEV where if you tried to reinstall it on 9.1 or
later, it would break your machine. In order to prepare for the advent
of OS X and its UNIX underpinnings, 9.1 eliminated this utility out of
necessity and introduced "Multiple Users", among other things. Sure,
your gf's Lombard can request a password under 9.2.2 as could my 800
iBook or any Mac running 9.1 or later, but it's not the same thing-
that's simply an option within Multiple Users.

dave