>And, on my Pismo/400 the same sequence of 9.2.1 & 9.2.2 update didn't
>install that control panel (& I found a tech note warning that use of the
>control panel would require the drive to be put into a PowerBook that could
>boot with that feature and require that it be removed (I think)).
>
>L8r, Eric.

Yes, the installer won't do it. Was dumb enough to pry open the
installer tomes and install password protection.... and was locked
out of the Pismo. Apple tech pretty much told me that I was SOL and
to reformat the drive. Managed to mount the HD (with the password) by
booting the pismo with a CD-ROM and fiddling with a rescue utility
via a network connection (?). Don't remember exactly, but was
extremely elated with the outcome.

Then used DiskGuard, which was great until it became incompatible
with 9.2.2, and I haven't upgraded since the current owners don't
look reliable (or have been slandered) on Version Tracker.

Disklock looks interesting.

Multiple users under 9.2.2 also looks OK.

Any comments about the reliability/security of the above?

F.