on 27/02/03 23:01, Stephen Bright at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a website design customer who wants to host her site with either
> Earthlink or Time-Warner (Roadrunner), as she already has accounts with them
> both. Does anyone have any hosting experience with either of these?

I had my web site hosted on RoadRunner for some time. It was OK, except that
you can't make any modification to the web server, obviously, and their web
servers are not configured very well for Mac file types. So, as a result, if
a given user download a file which the MIME type hasn't been defined in his
browser, the file will just appear or be displayed in the browser window. A
bit disconcerting for someone who doesn't know what is happening... If she
doesn't plan to offer downloads, then she would be fine.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fat-finger vt.: 1. To introduce a typo while editing in such a way that the
resulting manglification of a configuration file does something useless,
damaging, or wildly unexpected. "NSI fat-fingered their DNS zone file and
took half the net down again." 2. More generally, any typo that produces
dramatically bad results.