on 3/6/03 3:33 AM, Greg Gilmore at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Have already posted this thrice, the 1st time with a couple of responses
> which, however kind & appreciated, didn't help. The 2nd and 3rd tries netted
> nothing. This is the 4th try:
>
> If I try to connect to the internet by selecting Connect in the Remote
> Control Module in the Control Strip, my G4 667 TiBook/OS 9.2.2 hangs for
> several seconds and just quits trying. In order to get online, I'm forced
> to open the Remote Access Control Panel to connect from there. How can I fix
> this problem?

I'm sorry that I can't help you but I will sympathize and request a reply to
both our requests  because I am having a similar problem (and have for over
a year).  My mac users group can't solve it, they blame my phone line.  The
control panel settings have been checked several times and pronounced
correct by the ISP.

My connection problem:  My Wallstreet G4/500/40Gb/OS9.2 hangs in ppp using
Remote Access.  This happens both in Internet Explorer or Outlook Express an
which ever way I try to connect.  I usually can get in  after 2-6 tries but
it is very annoying. I know it can't be heavy phone line traffic because it
happens around the clock.  This happened before and after the upgrades,
which included new versions of OE and IE software installed on a new hard
drive.
If anyone has this problem and/or has solved it, please let Greg and me
know. Thanks!
Vicki