>> If I try to connect to the internet by selecting Connect in the Remote
>> Control Module in the Control Strip, my G4 667 TiBook/OS 9.2.2 hangs for
>> several seconds and just quits trying. In order to get online, I'm forced
>> to open the Remote Access Control Panel to connect from there. How can I fix
>> this problem?

> I'm sorry that I can't help you but I will sympathize and request a reply to
> both our requests  because I am having a similar problem (and have for over
> a year).

Thanks for your comments, Vicki. Misery certainly does appreciate a little
company!

> My mac users group can't solve it, they blame my phone line.  The
> control panel settings have been checked several times and pronounced
> correct by the ISP.
> My connection problem:  My Wallstreet G4/500/40Gb/OS9.2 hangs in ppp using
> Remote Access.  This happens both in Internet Explorer or Outlook Express an
> which ever way I try to connect.  I usually can get in  after 2-6 tries but
> it is very annoying. I know it can't be heavy phone line traffic because it
> happens around the clock.  This happened before and after the upgrades,
> which included new versions of OE and IE software installed on a new hard
> drive.

I've checked and rechecked my settings, and my my phone line's fine. I have
no problem getting on line by opening the Remote Access Control Panel and
clicking Connect. It's just when I select the Connect from the Control Strip
RA module that it hangs up for about 10 seconds.

Well, if I don't find a solution, I'll just have to keep using the extra
step of opening the RA panel in order to connect, though the problem should
disappear when I finally make the jump to OSX.