All I can say is Wow! This is a great, great product. (and no, I am not
related to PowerLogix in any way, just a very, very satisfied customer).

My setup: Pismo 400/320MB/40GB (replaced my drive with the IBM 30GB,
4200 rpm not 5400rpm drive) w/ OS X 10.2.4

FYI: a year and a half ago when I first installed the new hard drive
under OS 9.2.2 it made a substantial difference in performance, so if
you get this G4 upgrade for your Pismo and you are running the
original drive, YMMV.

I'm the IT Manager for a small company, so I am not doing graphics
work. Just general business productivity (running MS Office including
Entourage for my business email, Mail for personal email, Filemaker,
Safari, iTunes, Now UptoDate & Contact at minimum all the time) and
before the processor upgrade I was getting really frustrated.
Especially in Entourage, it would take forever just to refresh the
interface after deleting an email. This was really, in the long run,
unusable although I've been tolerating it for quite a while. Now, the
updates are nearly instantaneous! and I'm no longer waiting for the
computer to catch up with me. It's similar to my with this machine
under OS 9... which I have dearly missed. Don't get me wrong, I love OS
X and would hate to have to go back to OS 9 at this point but I sure
wish Apple had made OS X at least this fast with the G3/400 by now
(it's funny how before OS X came out all the reports were saying was
how fast it was going to be), but at this point I'm not complaining for
the relatively small investment of $300. I'm happy now and if you're in
my boat and can afford it, it is well worth the investment. Also, I
like the fact that I didn't have to ship my whole machine to them...
just the processor card.

... Eric