>hi I am looking into buying an ipod.  I have a powerbook g3 wallstreet with
>an oarngelink firewire cardbus card.  I have read at the apple site how it
>syncs with itunes but I was wondering to what degree.  I have os 9.2.2.  In
>Itunes all my music is named but I was stupid and the real mp3 files on my
>hard drive are just named track1 and track1#2 and so on.  If I get an ipod
>and sync it will it keep all my track names and playlists?  Also If anyone
>has used an ipod with the orangelink firewire card and has had problems
>please tell me.

[Others have already talked about sync and using id3 tags, I'll just
adress which one I'd recommend you buy]

I'd definitely recommend now as the time to get a 5g iPod, but to
wait if you plan on getting a 10 or 20, the mac rumor sites have been
saying a new pod is due any day now for about a month or so and are
guessing the delay may be due to flat sales cause of the war. But if
you just want a small iPod, smalldog.com has refurbished windows ones
for 209 + shipping, can't beat that deal. I drove there on Saturday
to get one for myself (paid 222, local with taxes) just to have it in
my hands (3 hour drive each way, but it was a nice day, well, warm at
least).

I already had a case (entered a contest to win a free pod and got a
runner up prize) and wasn't that interested in the remote on the
headphones thing, so the 5g was a good deal for me. If you are
thinking about needing a case and want the remote, the cost of the 5g
+ a case + a remote (both come with the 10g pod), you're almost at
the cost of a 10g pod, if you're talking new products for both.

Brian