On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 11:08 PM, |n|i|c|k| wrote:

I may be missing something but it seems that the obvious answer would be to go into your itunes preferences and lower the importing quality...... If you are only listening to it on headphones you probably wont even notice the quality degradation.....

Well, it depends on your headphones! Good headphones are *very* revealing -- even high quality MP3s can sound terrible.

--Chris
iBook 700 (16 VRAM) [connected to Sennheiser HD-280 Pro headphones]
iPod arrives in 7+ days! [connected to Grado SR-60 headphones]