Bruce Mitchell wrote:
What caught my attention is the running OSX on a Lombard, which my Mac guru
advised against doing on the premise that OSX does not run well on older
machines. What is your experience? Are you happy with OSX on your Lombard?

Add my vote to the "it runs just fine" pile. As other people have said - get RAM. I've got 512 meg and a nice new 20 gig hard drive in it too.

It's not screaming fast, but for word processing, web surfing, email, a little background music - life's basic essentials - no problems at all. I love it.