So I need a boost from 320MB. Which leads me to another question: I've seen
a lot of postings about seemingly different types of RAM on this and/or
other Mac groups but understand none of it.

Forgive my ignorance, for I am not a tech person, but is there a particular
type of RAM I should get? Is there a difference in quality from one brand to
the next? Etc.?

Also, does processor speed have anything to do with OSX functioning well? My
Lombard is 333MHz.

I love the Lombard and am currently jazzed about inheriting a used 20GB HD,
a big boost from the 4GB that came with (and from which I am constantly
dumping things in a desperate attempt to keep that recommended 10% clear...)

Bruce Mitchell