Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:39:27 -0500
From: Eugene Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Upgrading to OSX

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:03:47PM -0500, Thomas Ethen wrote:
:
: Here are three on ebay up for auction, but with a 333Mhz Lombard you will
: need an Apple DVD decoder card model M5163 to play DVD's but not CD's. I
: believe they mad a CD only module for the Lombard, but I am not sure about
: that.

Yes, Apple did.  A friend has that particular Lombard configuration:
PowerPC G3 333 MHz, CD-ROM media bay module, no built-in DVD decoder.

--
Eugene Lee

My Lombard (nearly all the 333 models too) has the plain CD. I don't believe DVD playback is supported in OSX either, even for the 400mhz models with built-in decoding. I know it isn't for the PC card decoders. You can pick up cheap CDRW or even combo modules from the PC side of eBay and swap the drives out.
----
JSH