on 12/07/03 20:35, Jeff Hubatka at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:39:27 -0500
>> From: Eugene Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Re: Upgrading to OSX
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 09:03:47PM -0500, Thomas Ethen wrote:
>> :
>> : Here are three on ebay up for auction, but with a 333Mhz Lombard you
>> will
>> : need an Apple DVD decoder card model M5163 to play DVD's but not
>> CD's. I
>> : believe they mad a CD only module for the Lombard, but I am not sure
>> about
>> : that.
>>
>> Yes, Apple did.  A friend has that particular Lombard configuration:
>> PowerPC G3 333 MHz, CD-ROM media bay module, no built-in DVD decoder.
>>
>> --
>> Eugene Lee
>

> My Lombard (nearly all the 333 models too) has the plain CD. I don't
> believe DVD playback is supported in OSX either, even for the 400mhz
> models with built-in decoding. I know it isn't for the PC card
> decoders. You can pick up cheap CDRW  or even combo modules from the PC
> side of eBay and swap the drives out.

DVD playback is not supported for the Lombard on OS X. So, no need to find a
DVD-ROM drive for it...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook