I can echo the same experience with dozens of happy purchases and sales of fairly major technology items.

The important thing is the obvious one: in 99% of cases if the deal sounds too good to be true, it is. To counter that I wrongly started an auction on a Tuesday a couple of months back. The item eventually attracted only 3 bids and I ended up selling $2,000 of hardware for $1,200 to an *extremely* happy buyer. Tip: always aim to close auctions on Saturday or Sunday. There are simply more people around to buy!

The only other significant thing that I have learned is not to sell to anyone outside the USA. Sorry Canadians, it is nothing personal. Blame our respective governments and postal services, who seem to be in existence merely to cancel all possible commercial activity.

David