On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 02:11PM, Paul Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At 7:51 PM +0100 7/22/03, Roger Shufflebottom wrote:
>>
>>This reflects my experience (TiBook 800). I have a Buffalo wireless base station. I
>>had to experiment with the base station location - it is now hanging from the
>>ceiling in my closet!
>>
>>In some rooms - OK. In other I have to be in just the right spot and angle the PB
>>just so. Ryan Coleman's comments seem correct. My range out of doors is very poor
>>compare with figures I've see from other model PBs.
>
>Well, I guess if the tiBook built in 802.11b is next to useless, I might as well take
>the 802.11b router back and get 802.11g >equipment.

i was having problems with my Airport range with a Belkin wireless station. i thought
my TiBook was the problem until my dad brought his iBook over and noticed he was only
getting 50% signal at about 50 feet.

i swapped the belkin for an Apple base station and suddenly my range is much better.
not as good as i'd like, but definitely better.

not that you should go out and buy an ABS - but before you lay all the blame on your
TiBook, try another router.