On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 10:45 AM, Clark Martin wrote:

I think the first thing to try is to open it up, remove all the major internal parts and inspect them for obvious defects. Then re-assemble them. This also reseats the connectors which is a possible fix for your problem. But don't reconnect the HD and leave the memory module (if any) out (there is 32Mb on the MB). Leave the battery and media bay empty. Then try resetting the power manager and starting up. I forget if this makes a difference or not but try holding the reset button down and then hitting power (with the AC Adapter connected).
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA

I have had it mostly apart, but I have not totally stripped it yet. As soon as I have time, I will try that. So far, I have tried every combination of ac adapter, battery in/out, reset in/out, remove-all-power-hold-reset-30-seconds, etc.
I really want to move up to a G3 laptop, but I'm starting the think this one isn't going to be the one..........
John