Hello all
My Dad's talking about replacing his 1400 (he's actually got 2 of them).
He does E-mail (prefers Eudora), web browsing, text editing and light calculations (circuit design, kalidograph).
He travels a lot so small/light is good.
He's contemplating a I-book, I'm inclined to recommend a powerbook.
I've introduced him to using PC cards to transfer data, does the I-book have a card slot?
I'd point him towards a Lombard (SCSSI port would let him connect to the 1400s) or Pismo. He could also get a super disk to read and write floppy disks.
What about the 12" powerbook? I'm assuming it's smaller/lighter than the Pismo/Lombard.
Any thoughts?
Any suggestions for vendors?
I'm recommending OS 9.2.2, any reason for a beginner non-power user to go to OS X?

Thanks

--
Andrew King
Ann Arbor Michigan