The 12" PB has no PC card slot.  But if you are using them only for data
transfer, u could use a USB card reader...so I'd go for the 12" for
portability.

You don't have to be a "power user" to use OS X, no point in staying with OS
9 unles you have some specific software that only runs in OS 9.  OS X is so
much more stable.  I can't remember the last time I had to reboot my Pismo
on OS X (except when installing some software that requires restarting), I
just sleep it.  Instant on.