on 25/08/03 23:05, Ken at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Picked up a Blueberry clamshell with yo-yo today (for $20 it seemed like
> worth a chance).
>
> When I got it home I got it to boot by jiggling the power connector. It
> looks like the power connector might be loose on whatever board it is
> mounted to.
>
> While it boots fine to OS 8.6, it does not charge the battery and when
> the power connector is disconnected, the time reverts to 1904. Do these
> things have a PRAM battery?
>
> Does anyone have any experience taking these things apart? From my
> Internet search, it would appear that it is not for the faint of heart,
> but for $20 it may be worth the risk and learning experience!
>
> The site from which I normally get manuals is down until tomorrow, and I
> don't know if the "take-apart" is even available for this machine.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Ken

Are you saying you got a Blueberry iBook for $20? The battery is dead. I
don't know the iBook very well but since almost every Apple laptop had had a
backup or PRAM battery, I would think that this iBook had one too. It's
probably a rechargeable one and since the main battery is dead, the backup
battery is dead too. You might be able to get it back to work by keeping the
iBook plugged in for 24 to 48 hours. It might need a fully charged main
battery to do so, though...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gates's Law: "The speed of software halves every 18 months." This oft-cited
law is an ironic comment on the tendency of software bloat to outpace the
every-18-month doubling in hardware capacity per dollar predicted by Moore's
Law. The reference is to Bill Gates; Microsoft is widely considered among
the worst if not the worst of the perpetrators of bloat.