Sorry guys, wrong subject header:

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with
working on a Pismo with Toshiba's 60 GB 5400rpm/16mb cache HD in tandem with
1 GIG ram?

I noticed the HD and another 512 stick would run about $300 for the upgrade.
I'm using Abobe Illustrator 10 and was hoping to get some more speed out of
my PB. AI 10 seems a bit pokey under OSX compaired to 9.

I currently have a 400 MHZ Pismo w/ IBM 30 GIG 4200rpm w/ 768 RAM and OS
10.2.6.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Vic Duong

Vic,

My Pismo has 1GB of RAM. I only used it for about a week (I just bought it) with 320MB of RAM, and the extra capacity is wonderful. Not that I had been pinched for RAM before, but now I know I will absolutely never have a problem (well, maybe not never... ;-)

I also have an IBM 40GXN 5400rpm drive. It's pretty nice. I haven't used the stock drive on the Pismo, as I swapped in the IBM disk immediately. However, it blows the socks off of the drive in my Wallstreet, and the Pismo is better equipped to handle disks that fast...

Since you already have 768MB of RAM, I doubt that going to 1GB will actually make that much difference to you. But the drive upgrade will be noticeable across the board.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>