I've been pretty satisfied with my Linksys 4-port 10/100 switch/wireless router. The only thing that hasn't worked well has been WEP.

as for which card is best for a wallstreet... if you're under OS9, the Orinoco cards (gold or silver) are the best you can find since they operate seamlessly with the Apple Airport software. Under OSX... well it's a little more dicey. I use a Netgear 401RA card (maybe it's NA401RA) it's not a bad card in and of itself. The real problem is in the fact that one must use the open source wireless driver from wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net or purchase the driver made by IOXperts ($20)

I have heard rumblings of there being certain 802.11g cards that are officially supported by the Airport Extreme 3.1 software, but I believe that it may only be PCI cards for powermacs...

-Andrew