In my quest to get myself a decent PowerBook I ended up
buying two Pismos, one early 400 and one late 500.

I am now putting together the best parts to keep and then
sell the rest. However, my question pertains to the DVD
players.

One has:

M5505 (year 1999)
"Macintosh PowerBook G3 Series 2X DVDxROM Module"

The other:

M7931 (year 2000)
"PowerBook DVD-ROM Module"

Sounds strange to me that it has G3 Series" as this was the
Wallstreet range, and the unit doesn't fit that PowerBook,
nor is the DVD supported in the Lombard...

Is the second unit also a 2X ?

Is there any difference ?

I am planning to keep the M7931, is that the best one ?

Laurence