on 19/09/03 10:06, Lewin Edwards at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> From: Lewin Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> Thank you for your advice!!  I will follow it and hopefully keep the
>> best drive!   :o)
>
> :)
>

>> However, you are incorrect as far as the names are concerned:
>
> Okay... I stand erected!
>
> PS: My DVD-ROM drive is the M7931 2000 model, and the label explicitly
> states that it's an MKE SR-8174-C (MKE = Matsushita-Kotobuki
> Electronics, i.e. Panasonic). It is a 6X drive.

Mine says:

PowerBook DVD-ROM Module
Model Number M7931 (MKE #SR-8174-C) 5V

So, I guess I also have a 6X drive?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.