I whined:
>> I've had no luck so far trying to grab any open windows so I can dig
>> down to the monitors pane to set the d%*n thing to mirrored displays.

Steve Moody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> kindly replied:>
>    Try to get it to run with the lid closed.
That's a terrific suggestion! Gulp, b-b-b-but I have no lid . . . snif,
snif

How does my GigE TiBook know to sleep? I've perused all Apple's tech docs
and haven't yet discovered the mechanism that induces sleep when the lid
is closed.

In the meantime, by a stroke of great luck I managed to open and find the
help viewer, where on the page about mirroring displays I found a link to
open the Displays Pref pane. A scant few minutes (though many curses)
later I managed to grapple the primary pref window and dragging that to
where I could see it was finally able to select that confounded little
Mirror Displays checkbox.

Whew. But I'd still like to know about the lid-shut-sleep thingy, if
anyone knows, do please tell. :-)

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700