From: "Laurent Daudelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm not sure about this, but I have always heard that Li-Ion were limited in
the number of charge cycles, and that you should never let a Li-Ion stays on
a shelf for too long, or getting too deeply discharged. I'm definitely not
an expert. I'm merely repeating what I have heard after a few years of using
a Li-Ion powered laptop.

Apple says (forgot where I read it) that one should recalibrate a Lithium Ion
battery every so often and this is done the same way one SHOULD have
done it when the PB was new, by fully charging the battery and then let
the battery run to empty, when the PB goes to sleep, then recharge it
again FULLY.

The battery is as good as it will ever be.

Laurence