----- Original Message -----
From: "tivo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 11:48 AM
Subject: PDF file

> May be a bit off site topic, but how do I go about changing a PDF file to
> another format once it's downloaded? I don't seem to be offered any other
> options but image files (there are no images in the document).
>
> I wish to change the format and then change the document to a more
condensed
> form for printing (such as using Word).
>
> I've an iBook, OSX, etc.
>
> Thanks, Tivo

Actually, the PDF file is more condensed than any Word file would be. That's
one of the reasons for using the PDF format on the web. If your PDF file you
downloaded seems large, it may be that it was generated from a scanned image
and if it was, you won't be able to copy the text with PDF Reader because it
really is an image. You should be able to print the file directly from PDF
Reader without going to the trouble of converting it, that's the point of
the PDF format in the first place.

Joe Ellis