on 09/10/03 18:00, James G (Jim) Hardwick at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Also, you are going to need Acrobat, not Acrobat reader, I think, to
> do any editing.  But if all you want is to capture the text for
> transfer, AReader might work.
>
> BTW, I have had a lot of trouble with Acrobat causing my system to
> crash/hang, etc.  Happens on my g4 desktop and my Wallstreet, running
> 9.2.1.  One oddity in particular, I can never shut down either mac
> without separately quitting Acrobat--it will hang the shutdown
> process EVERY time if I try to shut down with it running.
>
> Anyone else have similar problems?  I have reinstalled it so many
> times I have lost track (v4.05).

Nope. Whenever Reader doesn't behave on OS X, it is just "ejected". Now,
with Panther, it seems that Preview got a very substantial speed boost, so
we may not need Reader anymore...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead
anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually
point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed
to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a
generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number
for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer.
Compare dead link.