on 24/10/03 03:05, simon goslin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> G'day Guys,
>
> I have a PISMO running OS 9.1 and I would like to buy (dare I say it...) MS
> Office for the Mac,
> so that I can work from home (I have to use WinTels @ work unfortunately).
>
> I've just brought OS X 10.2 and would like to know if I can run Office 98,
> (or possibly Office 2000) whilst using my new OS?
>
> Can this software be used normally in OS X, or do you have to run it in OS X
> classic mode,
> or can it ONLY be used in OS 9.1?
>
> Does any else run Office 98/2000 in OS X 10.2 and what problems or bugs have
> you found in doing this?
>
> Alternatively would I be best off splashing out and buying Office v. X and
> ending all my troubles and concerns?  I'd rather not as is quite expensive
> considering the cost of AppleWorks.

The current version of Office for Mac OS X is Office v.X. It runs perfectly
well under OS X (well, as well as a Microsoft product may run...)

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

frag n.,v.: [from Vietnam-era U.S. military slang via the games Doom and
Quake] 1. To kill another player's avatar in a multiuser game. "I hold the
office Quake record with 40 frags." 2. To completely ruin something. "Forget
that power supply, the lightning strike fragged it. See also gib.