I received the full settlement report from the lawyers. As a mac supporter, I threw the hole thing in the trash. Class action suits benefit the law offices that file more than the actually participants since they get there cut from the over-all settlement amount, or their high fees are paid on top of the settlement. These law offices regularly seek ways to design a class action and then lobby for participants.

There are some legitimate suits filed, but most of the ones I come across are questionable if there was actually any wrong doing by the corporation they are seeking damages from. In many cases, it is easier and cheaper for the company to settle instead of fight the suit.

I did not use OSX regularly on my Wallstreet, but purchased it with the desire to trial it and learn it at my own pace, using OS9 for actual work. I will not add to Apple's cost for this one, since, in the end, we all pay for it in higher costs to the company.

Wayne Schneck
Marketing Manager
FME