Apple never said it would support the stuff covered in the settlement so that part of your post is simply false. On top of that, claiming that I should get better performance out of my hardware [like the RagePro chipset] than it is capable of simply because I think it should be so - that is silly.

When people complain that Mac OS X doesn't run Quake 3 well on their unupgraded Beige G3 or iMac 233 or Wallstreet I know just how they feel, my Beige G3 without a CD-RW doesn't burn CDs. And I think that is Apple's fault. Mac OS X supports CD burning, why doesn't it work on my Mac?

Oh wait, I sound like a moron when I say that .... hmm, wanting video to do things it can't verses wanting a media drive to do things it can't ....

Honestly, this is silly.

David

PS

S-Video does work on Wallstreets [versions 1, 2], Lombards, and Pismos under Mac OS X. One guy posted and said it didn't work for him and asked for advice and you assumed that its "one more thing" Apple screwed us on. Get an accurate picture of what you are talking about. DVD is the same thing, Mac OS X supports software decoding only, I know, I know, under Mac OS X my Beige G3 should wash my car and do it all, maybe I should sue Apple.

It covers Lombard because OS X didn't fully support the hardware. So no
support for the S-video port, no DVD playback regardless of whether it
worked in OS 9 or not, no hardware graphics acceleration in the video
drivers, and other things.

Class action lawsuits sometimes suck, but sometimes it's the only way to
reign in company responsibility and make them do what they say.

-- Eugene Lee eugene at anime dot net