The lawsuit started off with the Beige G3 support and grew from there (IIRC). The basic premise is that when apple stated that the computers in question met the minimum requirements for OS X, and that they (Apple) would support the OS on those computers that they were somehow making a claim that the OS would fully support all hardware features.

Problem is, Apple only ever claimed that OS X would run on the computers in question and not that it would work with all hardware features (ie. the AV cards in Beige G3 systems).

I think they also run into problems where not everyone who purchased OS X were able to get it to install on the computers. A good number of these can be attributed to additions/modifications that the installer is not expecting (or designed to work with).

I don't know how this affects the laptops (as I mentioned, it installed fine on my Lombard), but on the Beige G3 it meant that if you'd installed any internal SCSI device then the OS probably wouldn't install.

Hamlin