I have read the rest of this thread. I'm actually a bit more lost than Clark. I just transitioned from 9.2.2 to Panther (mainly to get my iPod working), and while have worked out most of the issues with my everyday working environment, I'm not seeing any networked volumes at all, either on the desktop or the sidebar.

Basically trying to find a single desktop Mac running OS 9.2.2 that is hooked up via ethernet to a graphite airport base station. Panther is running my Pismo and the airport connection sees the internet just fine via the ABS modem. I set this rig up and it worked just fine with both computers under OS 9.2.2, and I figured that I would eventually dope it out. Nonetheless, the feedback from this thread makes me wonder if things aren't working quite right.

Have attempted to mount via the browser with the desktop's IP address, no joy, not even a wait. Appletalk is enabled via Airport on the pismo. Guess I should check if it is working in the opposite direction. Mounting via afp://thismachine. is accomplished how?

This is under a Panther clean install with one update. Kind of bummed as networking was supposed to be a no brainer with the new OS.