Thomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>That is why I am asking you guys, because in system profiler they come up as
>both the same HD, both in a Pismo, one a 400Mhz and one a 500Mhz and the
>500Mhz does the stalling.

What about cache? Could it be off for some reason in the 500 mhz? Have
you verified the disks status with a tool like Disk Warrior and/or
Norton? Maybe a problem with the drive in the 500 mhz 'book causes a
slowdown. Free space? Fragmented drive? How would you troubleshoot stalls
normally?
I suppose the more you list the differences and verfiy that similarities
really haven't been compromised between these two 'books, the more likely
it is that you'll find some candidates for what could be causing this.