On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 02:23 AM, Bob wrote:

Some people have been mentioning that Panther is notably quicker and
even "zippier" as one said.  However, I have a Wallstreet with a
Sonnet G4 500 card upgrade.  Anyone know how Panther would perform on
this  compared to what I have now, 10.2.6? Will it actually run
faster?

I remember people mentioning how Jaguar was improving in performance
(speed) with each update, but I never noticed.

The main problem is that Panther won't run on a Wallstreet. At least not out of the box. According to Apple, Panther won't run on any machine that was not originally equipped with USB. That leaves Wallstreet's out, as well as Beige G3's. Which is one of the reasons that I am selling my Wallstreet.
However, according to OWC, a future version of XPostfacto may allow these machines to use Panther too. For more info on XPostfacto, go to www.macsales.com and click on the "OS X Center" tab.