I powered up and the usual login screen appeared. I tried to move the cursor,
but it wouldn't move, so I CTRL+Option+Power buttoned the MAC... Force restart .. The blue OS X screen appeared and so did the rotating Icon, but it stopped. It locked up. I tried to force reboot again, but this time nothing. I pressed the CAPS LOCK KEY and it lighted up. Same for the NUMBERS LOCK KEY. I unplugged the AC, removed the battery from the left bay it and tried again. No MAC power up sound and just a black screen.

SO ... I unplugged it, removed the bay battery and removed the keyboard. I took out the HDD. I disconnected the HDD from the carriage all and reconnected and tried again. No Luck.

SO... I replaced the HDD, a 30 GIG with the original 6 GIG running OS 9.1. Success. It powered up, but it crashed.

I powered up again and reset the PRAM. Rebooting 4 times.

It powered up, but locked up again. I rebooted, but this time, no screen, just black.

Lombard G3 400 320MB Ram (256 and a 64)

I just tried again after leaving it turned off for about 15 mins.

First Aid ran. The DONE button appeared, but it crashed.

That was yesterday.

Twenty four hours later ... It powered up and was working until I inserted an expansion bay HDD (VST), it crashed and would not reboot.

I was told that PRAM Battery was the culprit. However when it did reboot the clock and the date were correct.

On my PM 7600/G3 I have to reset the clock every time I boot up because I keep the power off as I hardly use this computer. That's the PRAM Battery that is causing the clock to fail, right? But still the computer works well and I can boot up. (Knock on wood).

What do you think?