Can responders confirm that an iPod works OK on an older, non-Firewire Powerbook using a Firewire card? And can they briefly list the config they're using, ie, OS version, iPod generation, and card type?

My wife has a 2nd Generation 10GB iPod (solid state scroll wheel), a 400MHz Lombard PowerBook, a cardbus Firewire card, and Jaguar. She has had no issues loading music on her iPod with that configuration. The only issue is that the iPod will not charge over the firewire ports, so she won't be able to charge it by leaving it plugged into the Lombard.

Steve Fuller