Hi,

I had done this on two PowerBooks (on with DVD only drive and one with
CD-RW/DVD). Here is how I made it happen.

1. You need computer that boots to OS 9
2. Boot to OS 9
3. Download DVDInfo app and run it to determine what is your DVD make,
model. You can download the DVDInfo from
http://www.macos.utah.edu/Documentation/DVDRegionFree/RegionFree_Utilities.h
tml
4. Go to Firmware page http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php and download patch
for your drive
5. Then follow the instructions that come with the download. There is app
that patches the drive. Make sure that the computer does not run out of
juice during the patching
6. Don't interrupt the patching process and also close all apps before
running the patching
7. Then reboot to OS X and download Region X

Note that OS X will still count the switches, but that is SW based and can
be changed by invoking Region X or rebooting.

Good luck.
--

Honza

ICQ: 134361915