Instead of machining one from stock, it might be easiest to find a heat sink that nearly matches and cut it to shape, if it is finned.

Good luck, & let us know how it goes.

Stuart.

On 24 Dec 2003, at 6:45 AM, G-Books wrote:

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael=20Bystr=F6m?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Cooling Metalplate for Powerlogix 500 mhz?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:42:32 +0100

I need suggestions on what material and thickness the cooling metalplate
that is supposed to be on top of the 500 mhz G3 Powerlogiz Blue chip for
the Powerbook Wallstreet model ( I have a rev. 2), should be. I just
bought one second hand and it seems to be missing from the package and I
have to make my own. I have access to a toolshop, so it shouldn't be a
problem, but I could use some info if you have one or have knowledge of
how the real thing is supposed to look .

Steel comes to mind as being the most "cool" metal I know of. Is that a
good material or should I use something like brass or some other material
instead? I'm contemplating 2-4 mm thickness, but if you guys have any
real info, I'd be glad to hear about it.