I don't think it is a problem, however, I don't think there is much of an answer other than to return the camera if possible. ASF is so horribly neglected by the PC community that created it, that the chance of stumbling over some Mac software to convert it is lower than getting struck by lightning in the next week. Originally, I think ASF was designed to be a version of AVI for streaming, but it just bombed horribly and MS even removed support from its own products, the company that created it!

(This is the third time trying to send this message because of the restrictions on encodings sent to the list... Hrm)